Fire breaks out at Fancy Bazar, no casualties
GUWAHATI: A massive fire broke out at Kamala Market on TR Phukan Road, Fancy Bazar at around 2 AM. The fire engulfed a multi-storeyed building and it took 12 fire tenders several hours to bring it under control. As per information, the cause of the fire may be due to an electric short circuit.
Four persons that included a minor and an elderly, who were trapped inside the building were rescued from the spot by the fire fighters. They were later sent to the hospital for medical treatment. The fire damaged a large part of the building and also destroyed goods worth lakhs of rupees.
Photo of fire break out at Fancy Bazar