2 Children Die as Massive Blaze Engulfs House in Beltola
GUWAHATI: Two children were killed in a fire which broke out at a residence in Beltola area of Guwahati on Thursday, January 23.
As per information, the two boys named Ishan (8) and Ivan (3), were playing on the first floor of the house while their mother and grandmother were at the ground floor of the house at the time of the incident.
The deceased children were students of Srimanta Sankardev Academy, Dispur and Holy Home kindergarten respectively.
The cause of the fire is suspected to be due to a short circuit which further spread after an alleged cylinder blast. Fire tenders had reached the spot and were able to douse off the blaze.
It is to be mentioned that it was Ivan's birthday today.