Administration issues vehicular restrictions for Ambubachi Mela
GUWAHATI: The Kamrup (M) district administration has put a restriction on the movement of vehicular traffic in the city on the occasion of the Ambubachi Mela.
The restrictions have been put around the Kamakhya temple and the surrounding areas particularly on MG Road, DG Road, TR Phukan Road and the road towards the Kamakhya temple from the foothill.
While the administration has put restrictions on all kinds of vehicles from entering beyond the foothill of the temple, they have arranged for special ferry service for the old-aged, differently abled, pregnant women, etc will be provided by the administration.
Following traffic rules will be effective from June 22 to 26, 2019 -
1. No inter-district and long distance buses operating under ASTC will be allowed to enter on DG Road, MG Road and TR Phukan Road of the city.
2. No goods carrying commercial vehicles will be allowed to enter from Jalukbari Rotary and Maligaon and Bharalumukh on DG Road.
3. No two-wheelers will be allowed to enter into the road leading from Kamakhya foothill to Kamakhya temple.
4. All material carrying vehicles that have been issued special passes will be allowed to enter only after 12AM up to 7AM. The vehicle users have been directed to send back the vehicles as soon as they've been unloaded.
5. Parking of vehicles from June 22 to 26 to be prohibited in the stretches of DG Road (from Maligaon Chariali to Bharalumukh point), PNGB Road (from Maligaon Chariali to Kamakhya Railway Station) and Maligaon-Pandu Road.
"All airport goers are requested to avoid DG Road for commuting. They're requested to use the National Highway instead and also be ahead in time, to avoid missing the flight in case of traffic jams," emphasized Prasanta Saikita, APS, DCP Traffic.
Photo from the press meet