Assam: CS Issues Exhaustive List of Industrial Activities to be Permitted from April 20
GUWAHATI: Many industries have been permitted to resume work during the lockdown.
In a press meet by Chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna and DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta, it was mentioned that all agriculture and related industries will be allowed to continue operation in Assam.
Below is a list of industries/ Industrial Establishments (both government and private) which will be allowed to operate in the state:
• Industries operati
ng in rural areas, i.e.. outside the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities.
• Manufacturing and other industrial establishments with access control in Special Economic Zones (SEZs) and Export Oriented Units (EoUs), industrial estates and industrial townships. These establishments shall make arrangements for stay of workers within their premises as far as possible and/ or adjacent buildings and for implementation of the Standard operating protocol (SOP). The transportation of workers to work place shall be arranged by the employers in dedicated transport by ensuring social distancing.
• Manufacturing units of essential goods. including drugs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, their raw material and intermediates
• Food processing industries in rural areas, i.e., outside the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities
• Production units, which require continuous process, and their supply chain.
• Manufacturing of IT hardware.
• Coal production, mines and mineral production, their transportation, supply of explosives and activities incidental to mining operations.
• Manufacturing units of packaging material.
• Jute industries with staggered shifts and social distancing.
• Oil and gas exploration/ refinery.
• Brick kilns in rural areas i.e. outside the limits of municipal corporations and municipalities.
- Assam Government
- Industrial Establishments