Durga Puja 2019: Traffic Restrictions Imposed In Guwahati
GUWAHATI: The Guwahati Traffic Police has imposed traffic restrictions in the city ahead of Durga Puja.
These orders have been passed to ensure safety of public, especially vulnerable road users like children,. women, senior citizens and differently abled persons on the roads during the period of Durga Puja in Guwahati City area.
RESTRICTIONS ON MOVEMENT OF CITY BUSES:
I. Basistha Mandir to Garpandu Bus Stand (via Ganeshguri, Zoo Road, Chandmari, Rabindra Bhawan. Kachari, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripur Goli, Joyanagar, Sixmile, Express Highway, Narengi, MT Road (Zoo Narengi) towards Destination.
2. Basistha Mandir to Garpandu (via Basistha Chariali Be!cola Tiniali, Survey, Supermarket, Ganeshguri flyover, Paltanbazar, AT Road. Bharalumukh, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripur Goli, Joyanagar, Sixmile, GS Road towards Destination.
3. Garpandu Bus Stand to Lalganesh (via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Zoo Road, Ganeshguri, Ganesh Mandir, Kahilipara, Lalganesh) shall move via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Noonmati, Patharquarry, Express Highway, Sixmile, GS Road, Supermarket, Last Gate, Ganesh mandir.
4. Ayurvedic College to Panjabari (via Jalukbari, Maligaon Bharalumukh, Kachari, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Zoo Road, Ganeshguri. Sixmile, Kalakshetra) shall move via Chandmari, Noonmati, Narengi, Patharquarry, Sixmile towards destination.
5, Jorabat to Kachari (via Khanapara, Sixmile, Narengi, Tiniali, Geeta Mandir, Zoo Narengi Tiniali, Chandmari) will move via Noonmati, Chandmari.
Route for Light Commercial Passenger Vehicles- TATA SPECO, TREKKER, CRUISER AND SAVARI etc:
a) Light commercial passenger vehicles, particularly, having all Assam Tourist Permit coming from Lower Assam side will be terminated at Adabari bus terminus during the days of the puja. Similarly, vehicles coming from Upper Assam side will be allowed to come upto the ISBT.
b) All other light passenger vehicles of above category plying within and outskirts of the City will be restricted and will he directed as per the traffic situation at the particular time.
c) Trekker or Tempo vehicles coming from Lokhara to Nepali Mandir will be terminated at Sarahhhati; from there these vehicles will go back to Lalganesh, Lokhara via Chahipul - Bishnupur — ITI Road — Cycle Factory.
PARKING OF VEHICLES:
1. We shall request the Puja committees to provide volunteers for traffic arrangements.
2. The parking of vehicles will be allowed not near 500 meters from the Puja pandels.
3. Road side parking shall be strictly prohibited on the MG Road, B. Baruah Road, GNB Road, Tayabullah Road and on the stretch of OS Road from Lachitnagar Point to Janata Hotel Point.
4. On other roads, parking on the road side will be allowed if such parking does not hamper the flow of traffic.
5. Both-side parking on any of the roads and at or near intersections shall not be allowed in any case. Time: All restrictions in respect of passenger vehicles will come into effect w.e.f. 14.00 hours to 03.00 hours.
Goods carrying vehicles:
a) Goods carrying vehicle (heavy, medium and mini trucks)shall not be allowed to enter the city from 1 Pm to 4:00 AM- next day via jalukbari, garchuk, Lokhora, beltola, Hatigaon and Chandmari side.
b) The goods carrying heavy trucks will be allowed to enter the city from 4.00AM (04.00 hours) onwards (subject to No obstruction on the road due to puja) up to 07.00AM in the morning.
NO ENTRY RESTRICTION:
Dispur PS Area
a) Dr. RP Road will be one way only from Ganesh Mandir side.
b) There will be No entry for vehicles coming from Zoo Road side to Ganesh Mandir Vehicles are to move via Service Road, G.S. Road and Supermarket Point.
c) No entry, on Service road from Whole Sale market side to Ganeshguri.
d) Light motor vehicles coming from the Assam Secretariat may take Wholesale Market Road towards Ganesh Mandir (one-way).
Paltanbazar PS Area:
a) No entry, on AK Azad Road from Nepali Mandir side towards Sarabbliati. Entry is open from Sarabbhari only.
a) No entry, on MS Road from Sani Mandir side. Entry is open from Railway Gate No.- 4 only.
b) No entry, on Dr. JC Das Road from Khubchand point. Entry is open from Tribcni Sweets only (JC Das Road - Danish Road).
Jalukbari PS Area:
a) No entry, from Maligaon Chariali to Pandu. Entry is open from Adabari Tiniali only.
b) No en, of vehicles on P.N.G.B. Road between Maligaon Chariali and Kamakhya Railway Station level crossing.
c) All vehicles from Kamakhya Railway Station and Gotanagar area shall he allowed to move through Railway Gate No. 3 and Railway HQ.
Bharalu PS Area:
a) No entry, towards RK Choudhi, Road and SC Road from Kumarpara Pachali, Fatasil Ambari.
b) Parking of vehicles shall not be allowed on A.T. Road (Athgaon, over bridge, Bharalumukh) and Dincsh Goswami Road (Between Bhootnath to Shantipur).
c) No entry of vehicles from Sarabhati. One-way movement of vehicles from [Mara,' till Sarabbhati and fatasil.
Basistha PS Area:
a) No entry on Beltola Joyanagat Road from Joyanagar Chariali to Beltola Chariali.
b) Joyanagar Beltola Chariali Road shall be one way from Beltola Chariali side. Beltola Chariali Road will be one way from Beltola Chariali side hides from Bhetapara Chariali towards Beltola Chariali. Dr. B.N. Sailua Road from Beltola Chariali upto AG Office byelane.