From Highways to River Banks, Guwahati to undergo Beautification by January last
Deputy Commissioner (DC), Kamrup (M) Dr M Angamuthu on Monday reviewed a meeting regarding the beautification of Guwahati city for the upcoming Global Investors' Summit which will be held on 3rd and 4th February 2018.
Initiating the discussion, the DC urged all the officers of different departments and organizations to extend their cooperation for entire beautification of the Guwahati City as delegates from all over the world will visit Guwahati for this upcoming event.
The PWD/ NHAI/ APDCL/ GMC/ GMDA have been entrusted with the following responsibilties:
- Cleaning, beautification of all the medians of National Highway, road furbishing from LGBI Airport to Jalukbari Rotary Point.
- Beautification of Jalukbari Intersection Point will be done by GMDA and payment will be made by NHAI
- Removal of garbage's silt, and other dumped materials from both side of the National Highway.
- Repairing and replacement of non-functional street lights from LGBI Airport to Khanapara via Jalukbari.
- Removal of unused electrical poles lying by the road side.
- Repairing and refurbishing of main carriage way of NH 37 by NHAI
- Repairing of the carriage way of service road by PWD(NH Division)
The department of GMDA and ATDC will clean their respective parks and bank of the river and illuminate with ornamental lights.
The Forest Department will do the trimming and pruning of trees from the river banks and both side of the National Highway and arterial roads. The department will also take care of the illumination of all the flyovers, overbridges, footover bridges with LED ornamental lights.
The Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) to remove all unauthorised signage, hoardings, banners, posters from the medians and footpaths etc. The department will remove all sort of illegal encroachments including footpath vendors from Zoo Road, G.S Road, Ulubari, AT Road etc, and also remove all vendors, beggars from the footpaths and temple premises.
The Airport Authority of India will look after the maintenance and cleanliness of the entire Airport Complex including arrival and departure area, approach road, and parking areas.
The Northeast Frontier Railway has been entrusted with the cleanliness, beautification and illumination of the Old Saraighat Brdige, Kamakhya Railway Station, Guwahati Railway Station, Bharalumukh Railway Crossing etc.
In addition to these, the PWD has been given the responsibility to complete construction of all the roads near Guwahati High Court by 31st January 2018.
Night view of G.S Road | File Photo