Traffic movement restricted for Durga Puja
To ensure safety of public, especially vulnerable road users like children, students, women, senior citizens, and differently abled persons on the roads, DCP Traffic has directed restrictions on the movement of vehicles during the period of Durga Puja.
A) Restriction on The Movement of Vehicle:
1. Goods Carrying Vehicles:
a. Goods carrying vehicles (heavy, medium and mini trucks) shall NOT be allowed to enter the city from 1:00PM
to 4.00AM (13.00 hours–04.00 hours - next day) - from Jalukbari, Garchuk, Lokhara, Beltola, Hatigaon and Chandmari side.
b. The goods carrying heavy trucks will be allowed to enter the city from 4.00AM (04.00 hours) onwards (subject to No obstruction on the road due to puja) up to 07.00AM (07.00 hours) in the morning.
B) No entry restriction
I. Dispur PS area:
a) Dr. RP Road will be one way only from Ganesh Mandir side.
b) There will be No entry for vehicles coming from Zoo Road side to Ganesh Mandir. Vehicles are to move via Service Road, G.S. Road and Supermarket Point.
c) No entry on Service road from Whole Sale market side to Ganeshguri.
d) Light motor vehicles coming from the Assam Secretariat may take Wholesale market Road towards Ganesh Mandir (one-way).
ii. Paltanbazar PS area:
a) No entry on AK Azad Road from Nepali Mandir side towards Sarabbhati. Entry is open from Sarabbhati only
iii. Panbazar PS area:
a) No entry on MS Road from Sani Mandir side. Entry is open from Railway Gate No.- 4 only.
b) No entry on Dr. JC Das Road from Khubchand point. Entry is open from Tribeni Sweets only (JC Das Road – Danish Road).
iv. Jalukbari PS area:
a) No entry from Maligaon Chariali to Pandu. Entry is open from Adabari Tiniali only.
b) No entry of vehicles on P.N.G.B. Road between Maligaon Chariali and Kamakhya Railway Station level crossing.
c) All vehicles from Kamakhya Railway Station and Gotanagar area shall be allowed to move through Railway Gate No. 3 and Railway Hqtrs.
v. Bharalumukh PS area:
a) No entry towards RK Choudhury Road and SC Road from Kumarpara Pachali, Fatasil Ambari.
b) Parking of vehicles shall not be allowed on A.T. Road (Athgaon flyover to Bharalumukh) and Dinesh Goswami Road (Between Bharalumukh to Shantipur).
vi. Basistha PS area:
a) No entry on Beltola Joyanagar Road from Joyanagar Chariali to Beltola Chariali.
b) Joyanagar Beltola Chariali Road shall be one way from Beltola Chariali side.
c) Bhetapara Chariali–Beltola Chariali Road will be one way from Beltola Chariali side
d) No entry of vehicles from Bhetapara Chariali towards Beltola Chariali.
e) No entry on Dr. B.N. Saikia Road from Beltola Chariali upto AG Office bye-lane.
f) AG Office bye-lane will be one way from AG Office side. No vehicles will be allowed to enter from Beltola Joyanagar side.
g) Parking of vehicles shall be allowed between Joyanagar and Khanapara on Beltola – Khanapara Road.
vii. Chandmari PS / Geetanagar PS:
a) No vehicles shall be allowed to enter from Anuradha Point to Hatigarh Chariali.
b) Vehicles will be allowed to enter from Hatigarh Chariali only.
C) Restrictions on movement of City Buses:
1. The city buses of Route No. 1 (from Basistha Mandir to ISBT via Zoo Road), from Basistha temple shall move upto Basistha Chariali and take right turn via NH 37. From Tripura Goli point, the buses shall move via Joyanagar – Sixmile Road and from Sixmile onwards move via Express Highway and Mother Teresa Road (Zoo Narengi Road) towards destination.
2. The city buses of route No. 1 (Return journey – from ISBT to Basistha Mandir via Zoo Road), shall move via Supermarket, Sixmile and Khanapara rotary towards destination.
3. City buses of Route No. 8 (Return journey – from Panjabari to Ayurvedic College via Zoo Road), shall move via Sixmile, Express Highway, Narengi Tiniali and Mother Teresa Road towards destination.
4. City buses of Route No. 10 (A) (from Adabari to ISBT via Fatasil, Dhirenpara), shall move via Paltanbazar – Ulubari – B.K. Kakoti Road and Chabipool towards destination.
5. The city buses of Route No. 13 (from Adabari to ISBT via Jyotikuchi, Lokhara), shall move via Paltanbazar, Ulubari, B.K. Bakoti Road, Sarabbhati and Birubari Tiniail towards destination.
6. The city buses of Route No. 23 (Return journey – from Byrnihat to Adabari via Zoo Road), shall move via Sixmile, Express Highway, Narengi Tiniali, Mother Teresa Road and Zoo Narengi Tiniali towards destination.
7. City buses of Route No. 27 (Circular route – from ISBT to ISBT via Beltola, Paltanbazar and Jalukbari) shall move via Basistha Chariali and move upto Sixmile via Tripura Goli – Joyanagar – Sixmile Road towards the destination.
8. City buses of Route No. 30 (from Adabari to ISBT via Zoo Road), shall move via Sixmile, Khanapara rotary towards the destination.
9. City buses of Route No. 32 (from ISBT to Adabari via Beltola, Paltanbazar) shall move via Basistha Chariali and move upto Sixmile via Tripura Goli – Joyanagara – Sixmile Road towards destination.
10. The city buses of Route No. 32 (Return journey – from Adabari to ISBT via Paltanbazar) shall move via Supermarket, Sixmile and Khanapara rotary towards destination.
11. City buses of route No. 16 (from Adabari to Adabari via Gotanagar), shall move from Kamakhya Railway Station via Railway Hqtrs. (Gate No. 3) and D.G. Road towards destination.
12. All city buses coming from Bhangagarh shall be regulated at Bharalu bridge on G.S. road and diverted via ASEB Road and B.K. Kakooti Road towards destination depending upon the volume and density of vehicles on the road.
D) Route for light commercial passenger vehicles viz. Tata Specio, Trekker, Cruiser and Savari etc.:
i. Light commercial passenger vehicles, particularly, having all Assam Tourist Permit coming from Lower Assam side will be terminated at Adabari bus terminus during the days of the puja. Similarly, vehicles coming from Upper Assam side will be allowed to come upto the ISBT.
ii. All other light passenger vehicles of above category plying within and outskirts of the City will be restricted and will be directed as per the traffic situation at the particular time.
iii. Trekker or Tempo vehicles coming from Lokhara to Nepali Mandir will be terminated at Sarabbhati; from there these vehicles will go back to Lalganesh, Lokhara via Chabipul – Bishnupur – ITI Road – Cycle Factory.
E) Slow moving vehicles:
The restriction on the slow moving vehicles will be imposed from 2.00 PM (14.00 hours) onwards and will continue up to 2.00AM (02.00 hours) on the roads as follows:
a) On G.S. Road – from Sixmile point to Paltanbazar P.S. point
b) On R. P. Road – from Ganeshguri via Gamesh Mandir to Last Gate
c) On Sixty Feet Road – from Supermarket to Last gate
d) On A. T. Road – from Paltanbazar point to Athgaon flyover
e) On M.G. Road – from Planetarium point to Bharalumukh point
f) On D. G. Road – from Bharalumukh to Jalukbari roundabout
g) On M.L.N. Road – from Over bridge, North Point to Police Memorial Point (MG Road)
h) On H. B. Road – from N. B. Hall to T. R. Phukan road crossing
i) On G. N. B. Road – from RBI point to Chandmari traffic point.
j) On A. K. Azad Road – from Nepali Mandir and to Birubari Tiniali
k) On Md. Shah Road – from Janata Hotel point to Gadhuli Bazar point of Paltanbazar
l) On M. R. D. Road – from Chandmari fly-over to Bamunimaidam
m) On RG Baruah Road – from Commerce College point to State Zoo
n) On N.S. Road – from Bharalu point to Chabipool
o) On AK Deb Road – from Ambari Tiniali to Fatasil Tiniali
p) Rajgarh Road – from Commerce College point via link road – Rajgarh Road upto Bharalu bridge (Bhangagarh)
Parking of Vehicles:
1. All In Charges, Traffic shall ask puja committees to provide volunteers for traffic arrangements.
2. All the Traffic I/Cs shall liaise with the puja committees for making necessary arrangements for parking of vehicles near the Pandels subject to availability of parking space. However, efforts are being taken to park the vehicles beyond 100 mtrs. of each puja pandel.
3. Road side parking shall be strictly prohibited on the MG Road, B. Baruah Road, GNB Road, Tayabullah Road and on the stretch of GS Road from Lachitnagar Point to Janata Hotel Point.
4. On other roads, parking on the road side will be allowed if such parking dose not hamper the flow of traffic.
5. Both-side parking on any of the roads and at or near intersections shall not be allowed in any case.
All restrictions in respect of passenger vehicles will come into effect from 14:00 hours to 03:00 hours
DCP Traffic has directed restrictions on the movement of vehicles during the period of Durga Puja.