Cafes and Eateries that added to Guwahati’s happiness in 2017
2017 is nearing its end and we can only be happier for all the good things that the city has been gifted in the year gone by.
Talking about good things, how can we miss the places that offered us our gastronomic happiness and delight? The one thing – food – that acquires the form of love equally for all?
Whether it’s the coffee and the cookies, or a platter of a very palatable dish, these places not only entered the city, but also sneaked into our hearts before we even knew building memories and happy moments shared over time. It’s amazing how some of these places have become home for many.
Here are the cafes and eateries that sprung up in Guwahati in 2017 and made the city a more savoury place:
Brewing up delight and more: The Cafes
- The Bean Journal: Lamb Road, Latasil, Uzan Bazar, Guwahati
- 37 Street Affair: Panjabari Road, Bagharbari, Tiniali, Guwahati
- Loyans Cafe: Zoo-Narengi Road, Guwahati
- The Chocolate Room: Near Jayanagar Chariali, Sixmile
- The Vinyl Cafe: Sundarpur, RGB Road, Opp NRL Petrol Pump, Guwahati
- Terminal 147: Borthakur Mill Road, Ground Floor, Ulubari, Guwahati
- Coffee Nest: Assam Trunk Road, Kamakhya, Maligaon, Guwahati
- The Steaming Mug: Rabindra Bhawan, Digholi Pukhuri East, Ambari, Guwahati
- Khorikaa Cafe: Lamb Road, Guwahati
Say Cheers and make it shrill! The Clubs and Bars
- Bulls & Beers: Dihang Arcade, GS Road, Guwahati
- Madiza Ultra Lounge: Dona Planet, GS Road, Guwahati
- The Socialite: Opposite International Hospital, Guwahati
- Dunkin Oza: Opp. Pantaloons, Down Town, GS Road, Guwahati
Meals of satisfaction: The restaurants
- Rang de Basanti Urban Dhaba: Basudev Commercial Complex, Christian Basti, Guwahati
- Aroma: Roodraksh Mall, Guwahati
- Icchapuron: BK Tower, Dispur, Guwahati
- Uruka: Silpukhuri, Guwahati
- Genuine Broaster Chicken: Zoo Road Tiniali, Guwahati
- The Royal Crown: Near ABC Bus-stand, Bhangagarh, Guwahati
- Fat Belly: Digholi Pukhuri East, Ambari, Guwahati
- 14 Tables: ABC opposite Rajib Bhavan, Guwahati
All put together, the food aficionado is today spoilt for choice, the city’s food industry is that much bigger and the options in cuisine is unprecedentedly wide. This is not just happy situation but a delightful proposition that brings Guwahati at par with any of the country’s metros.