New luxury cruise sets sail on Brahmaputra river. Check out the photos!!
A new luxury cruise ship named Charaidew II has started sailing on the Brahmaputra to take tourists from Guwahati to Jorhat, and other destinations along the river. This was announced by the operator, Assam Bengal Navigation (ABN) said on Monday.
Assam Bengal Navigation is the pioneer and most experienced river cruise operator in India. The ABN also decided to use another one of its vessels as a floating hotel in Majuli, the world's largest river island, ABN managing director Ashish Phookan said.
ABN Charaidew II, entered service on the Brahmaputra in January 2019. Built in Kolkata, her length is 44.50 m and breadth is 11.00 m and is powered by 2 engines. Her extra-shallow draught and a lower profile than conventional designs allow her to cruise faster.
ABN Charaidew II has 18 cabins in total: 2 spacious deluxe cabins (350 sq. feet) and12 spacious twin/double cabins (240 sq. feet.) are on the upper deck while 4 cabins with queen size bed (170 sq. feet) are on the main deck.
The decor is stylish and fresh with touches of colonial elegance, brought to life by traditional Assamese designs on hand-woven cotton fabrics.
All standard cabins on ABN Charaidew II have French balconies, while the two deluxe cabins have a private balcony.
There is a comfortable saloon and bar, dining room, a big open sundeck, gym, and a small spa onboard which offers a wide range of treatments.
The Charaidew II, the ABN's fourth vessel, has started sailing on the Brahmaputra since Sunday.
• Spacious cabins with individual climate control
• En suite shower/WC with Biotique toiletries
• Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage
• Hair drier in each cabin
• Minibar in each cabin
• In-room electronic safe
• Tea/coffee making facilities in cabins
• Intercommunication telephone in cabins
• High quality bathrobes and slippers in cabins
• Large sliding glass windows offering panoramic views of the river
• Vast sundeck both open and shaded, with sofas and sun loungers
• Spacious air-conditioned saloon
• Mini library
• Spa with choice of treatments
• In-house gym
• Shore excursion program including all admissions
• Services of in-house guide and naturalist during excursions and onboard
• Cold towel service after excursions
• Welcome drink after excursions
• Shoe-cleaning after excursions
• Turndown service in all cabins
• Expertly trained culinary staff
• Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines
• Wide choice of wines, spirits and beer
• Complimentary tea, coffee and packaged water throughout
• Welcome reception
• Farewell reception
• Local on-board dance & song performances
• 24/7 power backup
• Wi-Fi internet in the saloon, sundeck; dining hall (subject to network availability) during the day time.