Bihu Special Recipe: Chicken with Bamboo Shoot
As with all festivals, Bihu is a time of feast, frolic and fun. Here is a festive recipe that you can make for your friends and family that will leave them asking for more.
1. Mustard oil - 2 Tbsp or as required
2. Turmeric - 1 Tbsp
3. Salt to taste
4. Green chilies - 10/12 slit
5. Ginger garlic paste - 2 Tbsp
6. Chicken - 1 Kg
7. Black pepper - 1 Tbsp
8. Potato - 2-3, diced, medium size.
9. Bamboo shoots - 2 Tbsp
1. Heat the oil in a kaḍhai or pan.
2. Add ginger garlic paste with a little water and stir fry for a few seconds.
3. Add the chicken, turmeric powder, salt, potatoes and stir fry and cover the lid.
4. Cook in a medium flame. When it is half cooked, add black pepper and stir,
cook for another 15-20 mins with the lid closed.
5. Once the chicken is ready, add the bamboo shoots and green chillies, cook for
6. Serve hot with steam rice.