How to Purchase Essential Commodities During Lockdown?
With the ongoing 21-day lockdown, here’s how you can proceed to buy essential commodities in Guwahati as per the directions of the authorities:
• People have been advised not to venture out too far (unless needed), and must only go to their nearest grocery story, pharmacy or ATMs to avail the services or buy goods.
• Do not use vehicles to go to the nearest shop, go walking
• Maintain social distancing when out of the house, do not crowd the store
• Do not move around in groups, four or more people will not be allowed to gather
• All essential shop owners will have to carry valid ID cards
• Residents have been asked not to hoard items as the administration would ensure smooth supply of essentials
• District administration has earmarked a total of 64 designated points across the city for delivery of vegetables through mobiles van ward wise on alternative days.
• The wholesale shops will remain open from 8.00 am to 4.00 PM whereas the retail outlets will remain operation from 9.00 AM till 6.00 PM.
• Grocery section of malls and departmental will be exempted from the lockdown.
Here are the essential commodities & services which have been exempted:
• Shops including ration shops (under PDS), dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal fodder.
• Banks, insurance offices, and ATMs.
• Print and electronic media, telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services.
• Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce has also been allowed.
• Petrol pumps, LPG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
• Power generation, transmission and distribution units
• Hotels, homestays, lodges and motels which are accommodating tourists and stranded persons.
• Offices related to electricity, water, sanitation, municipal bodies
• Hospitals and all related medical establishments