Guwahati: Two Elephants Die of Electrocution
GUWAHATI: Two wild elephants in Guwahati's adjacent Rani Reserved Forest area died by electrocution.
According to sources, the two elephants – one male and one female came out of the forest in search of food and got electrocuted while trying to reach bamboo plants.
Local residents reported about the incident to the Forest Department and a team of officials from Rani Forest Department reached the spot and made all the arrangements for post-mortem.<
According to the forest officials, the age of the male and female elephant was approximately 40 years and 30 years respectively.