22-year-old girl dies of suspected drug overdose in Guwahati
GUWAHATI: A 22 year-old girl, identified as Aparupa Das, died of suspected drug overdose at a house in Mathuranagar area of Guwahati on May 18.
The tragic incident happened at the rented accommodation of one Ishaku Das (40), whom Aparupa met over Facebook.
According to police, Aparupa’s body was found at the bathroom of the house in an unconscious state. She was taken to the Downtown hospital, but was declared brought dead by the doctors.
Aparupa, who was an air hostess trainee, lived in Bamunimaidan.
Following her death, police had taken Ishaku into their custody for interrogation.