Assam Bandh: What’s Open and What’s Closed in Guwahati
GUWAHATI: Businesses in Guwahati have been badly-hit by the 'Assam Bandh' called on October 23, by over 60 organizations in Assam against the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016 led by Akhil Gogoi of the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS).
Most of the commercial markets and retail outlets across the stretches of A.T Road, G.S Road, H.B Road have been closed since Tuesday morning.
Here’s a quick Guwahati guide to what is open and what is closed and affected in the city:
- Chemist shops and Pharmacies
- Medical establishments/ Hospitals
- Few Petrol Pumps/ Fuel stations
- DC Court
- Government Offices
- Government Schools
- Public Transport/ ASTC Buses
What’s affected/ closed?
- App-based cab services such as OLA and Uber
- Major retail business establishments on G.S Road, Zoo Road, Beltola etc.
- Local vegetable markets in areas such as Zoo Road, Bhangagarh etc.
Petrol pumps in all the major locations of the city are currently closed and are expected to remain shut till 5 PM today. It is to be mentioned that shops selling small essential commodities like milk, rice, cereal, and other ration are operating normally.
Note: These updates have been reported as of 11:00 AM on Tuesday. More details will be available on G Plus shortly.
Bandh hits severely in Guwahati