Assam: Electricity Dept Employee Dies While Repairing High Voltage Line in Chirang
GUWAHATI: An employee of the state electricity department was electrocuted while carrying out repair work on an electric pole at Basugaon, Chirang on February 5.
The deceased identified as Dipak Rai was on a routine duty when the incident took place.
Although Rai was taken to nearby hospital in critical condition, he was declared bought dead by the doctors.
According to locals the victim reached the top of the pole and was repairing the lines when suddenly he got
contact with a live wire.
It is to be mentioned that earlier in 2019 an employee of the state electricity department was electrocuted while carrying out repair work on an electric pole in Biswanath Chariali area in Assam on June 26.