Assam: Electricity Dept employee dies while repairing high voltage line in Biswanath Chariali
GUWAHATI: An employee of the state electricity department was electrocuted while carrying out repair work on an electric pole in Biswanath Chariali area in Assam at around 10 AM on June 26.
The video of the incident has gone viral on social media wherein it showed the victim’s body in flames and his head separated from his body.
The deceased has been identified as Robin Das.
According to reports, the incident took place when Robin was tryin
g to repair a potentially dangerous 11,000-volt electricity line in the area.
The locals, expressing rage have condemned the incident and said that a man reached the top and started repairing the lines and suddenly got in contact with a live wire.
"This is nothing but the carelessness of the department as despite shouting for help, they could not save him,” said a local.
In the meanwhile, Bharatiya Janata Party’s(BJP) Biswanath MLA Pramod Borthakur has reached the spot and probed an investigation into the matter.
Watch Video here: