Assam Govt Announces Lockdown from 24th March (6 PM) to 31st March (Midnight)
GUWAHATI: State Health Minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma said that Assam will be under complete lockdown from 6 PM of 24th Mar till 31st March, 2020.
Here are the key points from the Announcement
· Assam Locked-down from 24th March (6 PM) to 31st March (Midnight).
· No sample have been tested positive for Covid-19 in Assam yet.
· During lockdown, ration/grocery shops, pharmacies, petrol pumps to remain open.
educational institutions, private and government offices, business establishments to be closed.
· Essential offices like Electricity Board , Health Services to remain open.
· Citizens requested to stay indoors.
· Will take action against those loitering outside under Section 270, IPC.
· Hospitals, Ambulance Services and other Public Health Services to remain open.
· Flight services restricted; passenger rail services completely suspended.
· Interstate movement of transport to be stopped during lockdown.
· All private vehicles will be stopped; except for ambulances.
· State borders to be sealed.
· Banks to remain open; not more than 10 employees to be present.
· Not more than 3 people to gather in religious places.
· Sonapur Civil Hospital, MMCH and GMCH Eye Department to be converted into Corona care centres. Patients to visit Sankardev Netralaya for eye treatment.
· No price rise on groceries.
· OPD patients not to visit medical hospitals.
· All University hostels and hotels can be considered for further quarantine of patients.
· All leaves of Health Department Officials Cancelled until further notice.
· DC instructed to requisition Hotels and Hostels in every town.
· Hostels and Hotels to be used for accommodating mildly affected people.
· 24 Hour Call Centre set up under emergency number 104.
· Do not take this lockdown as a celebration time. Stay at home for your own safety.
· Elderly at most risk.
· Inside your house, maintain social-distance, especially from elders.
· Vegetable, Poultry and Meat Market to remain closed.
· Don't circulate fake WhatsApp messages; Follow authentic government sites and organizations with blue tick/verification badge.
· Media industry to cut non-essential staff.
· 100 more ventilators to be acquired by Government of Assam.
· LPG shops to remain closed till March 31.
· Residential society will have to increase surveillance.