Assam : Upper age limit for Govt jobs raised to 44 years
GUWAHATI: Speaking at a press conference at the Dispur Secretariat on Monday, Health Minister of Assam, Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma made a couple of announcements for the upgradation of the health sector in the state.
Apart from health their were few other areas wherein he made few amendments at the press meet.
- The upper age limit for applying to Government jobs is now 44 years. The limit earlier was 38 years
- Grade III and Gra
de IV applicants need not pay application fees when applying for jobs. Notification has been issued by the Finance Department.
- Two new Dental Colleges will be set up in Dibrugarh and Silchar with 50 seats each as mentioned in the 2016-17 budget.
- Contractual worker salary to be increased from current Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000. This will directly benefit the contractual school teachers.
- 19 Cancer hospitals to be set up across the State; Work will start from 19th June.
- Employees working in State Government Cooperatives will receive an aid of Rs. 5,00,000 (five lakhs) as government compensation.
File photo of Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma