Book Stalls Permitted to Operate in Guwahati from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
GUWAHATI: In a bid to help students to avail textbooks for the new academic session and for competitive examinations, the Assam State Government has allowed book sellers to open shops in the Kamrup (Metro) district.
A notification in this regard stated, "In pursuance of the notification issued from the Ministry of Home Affairs Book Shops/ Stalls of the Kamrup Metropolitan District who deals with curriculum books for students only are allowed to operate from today with following
1. They will deal with curriculum books for students only.
2. Primarily they will arrange for home delivery of books.
3. In case of nearby guardians who want to collect books from the book shops/stalls without using vehicles, they may collect books from the book shops.
4. No passes will be issued to any Individual/parents for collection of books from the book Shops/Stalls.
5. Wearing of masks by the employees, sanitization facility and social distancing at book stalls are a must.
6. Book Shops/Stalls are allowed to open in between 10-00 AM-5-00 PM.
7. For the movement of their employees and vehicles, the proprietors of the Book Shops will issue identity cards to them. No separate permission from the District Administration will be required.