CM issues Special Directives for Employment of Migrant Workers returning to Assam
GUWAHATI: The chief minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal, has issued the following special directives to provide employment to migrant workers who have returned to Assam from other states.
- The Panchayat and Rural Development (P&RD) department is directed to immediately issue job cards under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) to interested workers.
- Skill development department to organize necessary trainings to enhance workers’ skills.
- Measures for skill identification through digital platforms and trainings to be taken up at block level.
- Industries & Commerce department to make district-wise list/status of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to provide optimum benefit of the Rs 20 lakh crore financial package announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Finance department is to discuss with banks, means to provide loans to migrant workers seeking to engage in productive activities.