Condom ads without sexually explicit content can be aired, clarifies I&B ministry

Monday, 28 September 2020

daily news

Condom ads without sexually explicit content can be aired, clarifies I&B ministry

G Plus Digital Desk | December 21, 2017 20:27 hrs

The Information and Broadcasting Ministry on Thursday clarified that the ban on condom advertisements between 6 am and 10 pm will only cover commercials with sexually explicit content.

“Advertisements that do not sexually objectify women can continue to play beyond curfew hours,” clarified the I&B Ministry on Thursday.

It is clarified that the said advisory only pertains to sexually explicit content being used to market certain condom brands which titi


llate the audience from a PR perspective.

Advertisements that do not sexually objectify women and are aimed at informing citizens regarding devices/products/medical interventions to ensure safe sex are not covered under the said advisory,” the I&B Ministry memorandum said.

It also mentioned another rule that says no advertisements shall be permitted which projects derogatory image of women.

Earlier on December 11, the ministry had banned condom ads during the day after receiving multiple complaints regarding their adverse impact on children. 

(Sources)

Banner

File Photo

Comments (0) Post Comment
Loading...