COVID-19 Unlock: Assam Government Issues Fresh Guidelines w.e.f. August 16
GUWAHATI: The government of Assam, on August 13, issued fresh guidelines for COVID-19 lockdown in the state.
“All permitted activities mentioned in our earlier orders shall continue to be allowed between 5 AM and 9 PM between Monday and Friday. Restrictions of one side of the street are withdrawn,” states the order.
The fresh set of guidelines have been issued “after due consideration of the COVID situation as it prevails in the state of Assam
and taking into consideration latest directives issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.”
This order shall come into force with effect from 5 AM of 16th August, 2020 and remain valid till 9:30 PM of 31st August, 2020.
The guidelines are:
1. Inter District movement of passenger vehicles and people are allowed between Monday and Friday only. Inter-District movement of vehicles is allowed with 50% capacity.
2. City buses are allowed subject to maintenance of all COVID-19 protocols and social distancing and with 50% capacity.
3. Public transport is allowed subject to maintenance of all COVID-19 protocols and social distancing with 50% capacity.
4. Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9:30 PM and 5 AM
5. Spitting in public places, consumption of tobacco and liquor products shall be strictly prohibited.
6. Social/ Political/ Sports/ Entertainment/ Academic/ Religious functions and other large congregations numbering more than 50 persons shall remain prohibited.
7. Cinema Halls, Swimming Pools, Entertainment Parks, Theatres, Auditoriums, Assembly Halls and similar places of public gathering shall remain closed.
8. No activities are allowed in Containment Zones and entry and exit from such zones are strictly prohibited.
9. No movement of individuals shall be allowed on Saturday and Sunday at any time all over the State.
Further, persons above 65 years of age and children below the age of ten years are advised to stay indoors except for unavoidable health reasons. Wearing of face cover continues to remain compulsory in public places, in workplaces and public transport etc. and a violation of the same will attract a fine of Rs. 1000/- for the first offence.
- Unlock guidelines
- Guwahati Unlock 3
- Assam unlock guidelines
- Assam news
- Guwahati news
- Lockdown guidelines Assam
- News update
- Assam Government