Dr. Bhupen Hazarika's House in Kolkata to be Preserved by Assam Govt
After the poor maintenance of Lakshiminath Bezbaroa's residence at Sambalpur, Odisha made National headlines, the Government of Assam has now decided to take over the maintenance of his residence and also the residence of Assam's cultural icon, Dr. Bhupen Hazarika, which is located at Tollygunge, 77 B Golf, Kolkata, under the State Government's expenses.
- The residence of Lakshiminath Bezbaroa at Sambalpur, Odisha will be preserved by the Assam State Govt.
- The residence of Dr. Bhupen Hazarika at Tollygunge, Kolkata will be preserved by the Assam State Govt.
- CM Sarbananda Sonowal is likely to travel to sambalpur in December to check the status of the preservation .
- The current owner of Dr. Bhupen Hazarika's house in Tollygunge is Sushil Dangi.
- Sushil Dangi acquired the house 10 years ago.
- Sushil Dangi has been sent a notice by the Government and has agreed to hand it over to the State Govt.
- Dr. Bhupen Hazarika
- West Bengal
- Lakshiminath Bezbaroa
- Sarbananda Sonowal
Bhupen Hazarika's residence in Tollygunge | AT Photo