Durga Puja 2018: Traffic Restrictions imposed in Guwahati
GUWAHATI: In lieu of Durga Puja celebrations across the city, the Guwahati Traffic Police has imposed traffic restrictions in the city.
These orders have been passed to ensure smooth traffic management and a free flow of vehicular movement in the city.
Dispur PS area:
RP Road to remain one way from Ganesh Mandir side. There will be no entry for vehicles coming from Zoo Road side to Ganesh Mandir. Vehicles are to move via Service Road,
G.S. Road, and Supermarket Point. No entry on Service road from wholesale market side to Ganeshguri.
Paltan Bazar PS area:
No entry imposed on AK Azad Road from Nepali Mandir side towards Sarabbhati.
Pan Bazar PS area: No entry imposed on MS Road from Sani Mandir side. Entry will be open from Railway Gate No. 4. No entry on Dr. JC Das Road from Khubchand point. Entry is open from Tribeni Sweets.
Jalukbari PS area:
No entry imposed from Maligaon Chariali to Pandu. Entry is open from Adabari Tiniali. No entry of vehicles on P.N.G.B. Road between Maligaon Chariali and Kamakhya Railway Station level crossing. All vehicles from Kamakhya Railway Station and Gotanagar area will be allowed to move through Railway Gate No. 3.
Bharalumukh PS area:
No entry towards RK Choudhury Road and SC Road from Kumarpara Pachali, Fatasil Ambari. Parking of vehicles shall not be allowed on A.T. Road and Dinesh Goswami Road. No entry of vehicles from Sarabhati. One-way movement of vehicles from Bharalu till Sarabbhati and Fatasil.
Basistha PS area:
No entry imposed on Beltola Joyanagar Road from Joyanagar Chariali to Beltola Chariali. Joyanagar Beltola Chariali Road shall be one way from Beltola Chariali side. Bhetapara Chariali–Beltola Chariali Road will be one way from Beltola Chariali side. No entry of vehicles from Bhetapara Chariali towards Beltola Chariali. No entry on Dr. B.N. Saikia Road from Beltola Chariali upto AG Office bye-lane. AG Office bye-lane to remain one way from AG Office side. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter from Beltola Joyanagar side.
Chandmari PS/Geetanagar PS:
No vehicles will be allowed to enter from Anuradha Point to Hatigarh Chariali.
Restrictions on the movement of city buses:
• Basistha Mandir to Garpandu Bus Stand (via Ganeshguri, Zoo Road, Chandmari, Rabindra Bhawan, Kachari, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripur Goli, Joyanagar, Sixmile, Express Highway, Narengi, MT Road (Zoo Narengi) towards Destination.
• Basistha Mandir to Garpandu (via Basistha Chariali Beltola Tiniali, Survey, Supermarket, Ganeshguri flyover, Paltanbazar, AT Road, Bharalumukh, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripur Goli, Joyanagar, Sixmile, GS Road towards Destination.
• Garpandu Bus Stand to Lalganesh (via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Zoo Road, Ganeshguri, Ganesh Mandir, Kahilipara, Lalganesh) shall move via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Noonmati, Patharquarry, Express Highway, Sixmile, GS Road, Supermarket, Last Gate, Ganesh Mandir.
• Ayurvedic College to Panjabari (via Jalukbari, Maligaon Bharalumukh, Kachari, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Zoo Road, Ganeshguri, Sixmile, Kalakshetra) shall move via Chandmari, Noonmati, Narengi, Patharquarry, Sixmile towards the destination.
• Jorabat to Kachari (via Khanapara, Sixmile, Narengi, Tiniali, Geeta Mandir, Zoo Narengi Tiniali, Chandmari) will move via Noonmati, Chandmari.
Additionally, all service roads of the flyovers and the National Highways within Guwahati have been declared as a ‘No Parking Zone’ with immediate effect. Violations of this order shall be punishable as per law.
This order was issued by Amanjeet Kaur, IPS, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic, Guwahati.
File photo of Traffic in Guwahati City