Durga Puja 2019: Traffic Advisory Issued Ahead Of Vijaya Dashami
GUWAHATI: The Guwahati Traffic Police has imposed traffic restrictions in the city ahead of Vijaya Dashami.
These orders have been passed to ensure safety of public, especially vulnerable road users like children, women, senior citizens and differently abled persons on the roads.
The restriction shall be imposed from 10 AM on October 8 and shall remain in force till the immersion of idols.
Restriction On Movement Of Vehicles:
1. No idol carrying vehicles shall be allowed to move on B Barooah Road from Ulubari to TC Point and GNB Road from TC Point and RBI Point.
2. All vehicles, except idol carrying vehicles coming from Chandmari side to jakulbari side shall not be allowed to enter MC Road and instead shall be diverted via GNB Road, TC Point and RBI Point to Panbazar over Bridge North point. The vehicles shall then take left turn and proceed to AT Road from respective destination.
3. The idol carrying vehicles moving from Bharalumukh and fatasil areas are to move via AT Road and DG Road towards Pandu.
4. No vehicles except idol carrying vehicles shall be allowed to take right turn at District Library point from GNB Road to KLB Road.
5. All vehicles coming from Jalukbari, bharalumukh side towards Chandmari, Noonmati, Dispur side shall be regulated at Apollo point on MG Road and divert via TRP Road then to HB Road or AT Road.
Parking of vehicles has been restricted:
MS Road, TRP Road, HB Road, MLN Road, MG Road, B Barooah Road, MC Road, FC Road, MRD Road, GNB Road, GS Road and RG Barooah Road.
It is to be mentioned that the immersion of idols will take place in two major ghats – Kacharighat, Fancy Bazar and Pandu Ghat. However, the other three ghats where idols will be immersed are – Saukuchi, Chunsali, Noonmati and Basistha.