Durga Puja 2020: Guwahati Traffic Police Issues Guidelines for Idol Immersion
GUWAHATI: The Guwahati Traffic Police have issued guidelines to be followed on Dashami for the immersion of Durga idols on 26th October.
This year immersion will be allowed in two major ghats - Kachamari Ghat in Fancy Bazar and the Pandu Ghat. There are three more ghats assigned for immersion – Saukuchi, Chunsali at Noonmati, and Basistha.
The detailed traffic guidelines are as follows:
A) Traffic Arrangement at Kachamari Ghat, to be imposed
from 10 AM of 26th Oct, till completion of the immersion process.
I. Restrictions on the movement of vehicles:
1. No idol carrying vehicles shall be allowed to move on B. Barooah Road from Ulubari to TC Point and GNB Road, from TC Point to RBI.
2. All vehicles, except the ones carrying idols, coming from Chandmari towards Jalukbari shall not be allowed to enter MC Road and instead shall be diverted via GNB Road, TC Point, and RBI Point to Panbazar over bridge North point. The vehicles shall then take left turn and proceed to AT Road for respective destinations.
3. Idol carrying vehicles moving from Bharalumukh and Fatasil areas are to move via AT Road and DG Road towards Pandu.
4. No vehicles except idol carrying vehicles shall be allowed to take right turn at District Library point from GNB Road to KLB Road.
5. All vehicles coming from Bharalumukh and Jalukbari towards Chandmari, Noonmati, Dispur shall be regulated at Apollo point on MG Road and diverted via TRP Road, then to HB Road or AT Road. These vehicles shall proceed either to KLb Road via HB Road (onwards Chandmari, Noonmati and Geetanagar) or to AT Road (towards Dispur and Kahnapara).
6. All vehicles coming from Uzanbazar, Kharghuli and Noonmati shall be regulated and diverted via Tayabullah Road and GNB Road.
7. TRP Road and Hb Road shall be one way from MG Road only.
II. Regulations for movement of idol carrying vehicles:
1. All such vehicles coming from Chandmari shall be regulated at TC Point and diverted via MC Road, FC Road and MG Road.
2. Vehicles coming from Tokobari, Paltan bazar, Ulubari, Rehabari, Birubari, Chatribari, Bishnupur, and Lalganesh areas shall move either via
a) BK Kakoti Road, Ulubari, GS Road, Paltan bazar, Panbazar road over bridge, MLN Road and MG Road
b) AK Azad Road, Nepali Mandir, Panbazar road over bridge, ML Nehru Road and MG Road.
3. Vehicles from Kumarpara, Athgoan and Fatasil areas are to move via AT Road, TRP Road, Kedar Road and MG Road to Kachomari Ghat.
4. Vehicles from Rajgarh, Bhangagarh and Christian basti areas are to move via GS Road, Guwahati Club, MC Road, FC Road and MG Road.
5. Vehicles from Ganeshguri, Dispur and Kahilipara areas are to move from Ganeshguri via RG Baruah road (Zoo Road), MR Dewan Raod, Guwahati Club, MC Road, FC Road, and MG Road.
A few no parking areas have been marked by the city traffic police, which includes MS Road, TRP Road, HB Road, MLN Road, MG Road, B Barooah Road, MC Road, FC Road, MRD Road, GNB Road, GS Road, and RG Baruah Road.
For people who wish to witness the immersion process, separate parking areas have been marked. Spectators from Chandmari, Paltanbazar, and Dispur can park their vehicle on ARB Road, Dr. JC Das Road, SS Road, SRCB Road.
Spectators from Bharalumukh and Santipur side can park in MG Road (from Apollo point to FA Road crossing both sides).
Official vehicles on duty can be parked at Kamakazi parking and IWT parking.
West side of Kachomari ghat can be utilized by OB vans for parking and the emergency vehicles will be parked at Lakhi Goli and MG Road towards Kedar Road.
- Durga Puja
- Puja 2020
- Festive Season
- Traffic Arrangement
- DCP Traffic
- Guwahati Police
- Guwahati Traffic Police
- Parking in Guwahati
- Parking Facility
- No Parking
- G Plus
- Guwahati Plus
- G Plus News
- Guwahati News
- Assam News
- Durga Puja News
Idol Immersion in Guwahati