Everything You Need to Know About the Covid-19 Vaccinations
Precautions and Contraindications that must be taken for COVID-19 Vaccination:
1. Authorized Age Group: Under the EUA, COVID-19 vaccination is indicated only for 18 years and above.
2. Co-administration of vaccines: If required, COVID-19 vaccine and other vaccines should have a gap of at least 14 days.
3. Interchangeability of COVID-I9 Vaccines is not permitted: Second dose should also be of the same COVID-19 vaccine which was administered as the first
Contraindications of the COVID-19 Vaccine:
1. Persons with history of:
• Anaphylactic or allergic reaction to a previous dose of COVID-19 vaccine
• Immediate or delayed-onset anaphylaxis or allergic reaction to vaccines or injectable therapies, pharmaceutical products, food-items etc.
2. Pregnancy & Lactation: Pregnant & Lactating women have not been part of any COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial so far. Therefore, women who are pregnant or not sure of their pregnancy, and lactating women should not receive COVID-19 vaccine at this time.
Provisional/ temporary contraindications: In such conditions, COVID vaccination is to be deferred for 4-8 weeks after recovery.
1. Persons having active symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
2. SARS-COV-2 patients who have been given anti-SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma.
3. Acutely unwell and hospitalized (with or without intensive care) patients due to any illness.
Special precautions that should be taken:
Vaccine should he administered with caution in persons with history of any bleeding or coagulation disorder (e.g., clotting factor deficiency, coagulopathy or platelet disorder).
Following conditions are not contraindicated for COVID vaccines:
• Persons with a past history of SARS-CoV-2 infection (sero-positivity) and or RT-PCR positive illness.
• History of chronic diseases and morbidities (cardiac,neurological. pulmonary, metabolic, renal, malignancies)
• Immuno-deficiency, HIV, patients on immune-suppression due to any condition (the response to the COVID 19 vaccines may be less in these individuals)
Other Important Issues to be considered:
•Vaccine specific contraindications may apply as the new information becomes available.
- covid vaccine
- india news
- g plus
- guwahati plus
- g plus news