Foreign Journalists Don’t Need RAP, PAP in Assam: MHA

Thursday, 27 February 2020

daily news

Foreign Journalists Don’t Need RAP, PAP in Assam: MHA

G Plus News | September 05, 2019 17:35 hrs

GUWAHATI: The official twitter handle of the Spokesperson for the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has clarified in a tweet that their organisation or the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has not provided any statements in regard to foreign journalists not being able to visit Assam. 

“Any foreign journalist,whether already based in India or not, can visit Assam after taking permission of MEA. MHA is consulted internally by MEA before issuing this permission. There is no PAP or RAP area in the state of Assam. Thus no PAP or RAP is needed by a foreign journalist,” mentioned the tweet. 

Earlier, it was reported that foreign journalists will have to secure permissions from the MHA and MEA to enter Assam as it has been declared a protected area after the publication of the final list of National Register of Citizens (NRC) on August 31. 

However, based on the official tweet, foreign journalists, whether based in India or not, do not have to secure PAP (protected area permit) or RAP (restricted area permit) from the MHA. 


Representation Image

Comments (0) Post Comment