Gas Leak from Burner led to Beltola Fire Tragedy
daily news

Gas Leak from Burner led to Beltola Fire Tragedy

G Plus News | January 24, 2020 13:16 hrs

GUWAHATI: The Assam Disaster Management Department on January 24 said that the fire that took place at Basisthapur in Beltola was due to gas leakage from the kitchen.

According to reports, Y K Goutam, Director of Disaster Management said that three burners were found open in the four-burner gas stove inside the kitchen.

"The fire occurred from the three burners after gas leaked from the cylinder and the fire spread within minutes across the house," added Goutam.

It is to be mentioned that two children were killed in a fire which broke out at a residence in Beltola area of Guwahati on Thursday, January 23.

As per information, the two boys named Ishan (8) and Ivan (3), were playing on the first floor of the house while their mother and grandmother were at the ground floor of the house at the time of the incident.

The deceased children were students of Srimanta Sankardev Academy, Dispur and Holy Home kindergarten respectively.

Meanwhile teachers, students, neighbors and well-wishers including Assam State Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma condoled the death of the two minors.

The cremation of Ishan and Ivan will be done at Navagraha crematorium today.

Banner
Comments (0) Post Comment
Loading...