Guwahati to have 65 storey Twin Towers!
State Minister for Industry and Commerce Dept, Chandra Mohan Patowary during the Cabinet meeting held on Thursday, focussed on development of Assam and briefed some key decisions.
Here are some of the important decisions taken during the meet:
- Bill approved for setting up of Majuli University of Culture
- Bill approved for formation of Assam State Capital Region
- All Tuls under Sanskrit Board will come under Kumar Bhaskar Barman Sanskrit University and the Board will be merged with SEBA. Curriculum of the Tuls will be prepared and examinations will be conducted by the said university
- Bills for setting up three new universities, namely Bhattadev university, Madhabdev university and Rabindranath Tagore university are approved
- Assam Employees PRONAM Bill, 2017 approved
- Assam State Population Bill approved which focuses more on women empowerment'
- 32 bigha land at Beltola in Guwahati for construction of International Trade Centre have been approved where twin towers having 65 storeys will be constructed
- Municipal Administration Reform Bill approved and consequently all Municipal Boards will have officers from Administrative Service, Finance Service and Engineering Service
- New Unit of Assam Petrochemicals Limited, which will be 2nd unit of the company will be constructed with an outlay of Rs. 1337 crore
- Enhancement of allowances in Construction Workers Welfare Fund approved
- Instead of compassionate ground appointment, families of the deceased government employees will get the last pay of the employee till the time of his retirement, which will be effective from 01-04-2017
- From 15th September on wards, all ministers and senior officers will visit all flood affected areas and extend necessary support for implementation of Swacch Bharat Mission