Hathras Gang Rape Case: Cops Forcibly Cremate Victim's Body, Family Kept Out

Saturday, 31 October 2020

daily news

Hathras Gang Rape Case: Cops Forcibly Cremate Victim's Body, Family Kept Out

G Plus News | September 30, 2020 13:35 hrs

A 19-year-old girl, who died on September 29, two weeks after she was gang-raped and tortured in Uttar Pradesh's Hathras, was cremated by policemen last night, allegedly without allowing family members to perform last rites. 

A disturbing sequence of events captured in overnight visuals shows the family arguing with cops, female relatives throwing themselves on the hood of the ambulance carrying the body and a mother weeping helplessly as cops insist on taking her d

aughter straight to cremation, without allowing a last look.

The Delhi police and UP police took the victim's family in their car to Hathras at about 9.30 PM from Delhi Safdurjung hospital, where the girl died of her injuries during the treatment. The body was also taken in an ambulance at the same time. 

Later, the family was dropped at their home. However, the ambulance in which the body was kept was directly taken to the cremation ground. The incident took place between 12 to 3 am and the cremation was performed at Bhoolgarhi village of Hathras district. 

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has constituted a three-member SIT to probe the Hathras gang-rape incident which has sparked outrage. A senior government official said the Chief Minister has also asked for conducting the trial of the case in a fast track court.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday spoke to CM Yogi Adityanath and directed him to take stringent action against the culprits behind the tragic Hathras gang-rape case.

The 19-year-old dalit girl, who was allegedly gang-raped by four upper-caste men in Hathras district of Uttar Pradesh on September 14, succumbed to her injuries at a Delhi hospital on Tuesday, September 29.

As per reports, the woman had gone to the fields with her mother on that fateful day and had gone missing soon after. She was later found brutally injured, with her tongue having a serious cut as she bit it while the accused attempted to strangulate her.


Picture credit: Internet

Comments (0) Post Comment