Highlights for Railways in NE region in Budget 2018-19
Here are the hghlights for railways in NE region in Budget 2018-19:
1. Outlay for Assam and Northeast area fixed at Rs.5866 crore which is an increase of 5% from last year & 8% with respect to average allotment of 2014-2017.
2. Value of Rail Electrification Work sanctioned in budget 2018-19 is Rs.1377.18 crore for Assam, 11.01 crore for Arunachal Pradesh, 1.68 crore for Mizoram. Value of total electrification sanctioned included in budget being Rs. 2805.87 crore for the whole of Northeast. A total of 1448 KM in Assam, 12 KM in Arunachal & 2 KM in Mizoram has been sanctioned for electrification.
3. Total of Rs.46 crore has been fixed as outlay for Assam & 3 crore for Nagaland for various works for improvement of passenger amenities in these two states.
4. Work for provision of updated coaching complex along with shunting neck & remodeling of yard at Lumding at the cost of Rs.104 crore has been included in budget 2018.
5. A work of construction for additional pit-lines along with 12 stabling lines & two automatic washing plants has also been sanctioned at New Guwahati at a cost of Rs.233 crore.
6. To enhance operational convenience at Guwahati a work has been included at the cost of Rs. 180 crore for the lengthening of each platform at Guwahati Station to accommodate a train of 26 coaches and for provision of second entry to Guwahati Station and direct connectivity to yard and diesel shed.
7. An amount of Rs.20crore has been sanctioned for the purpose of construction of Road-Over-Bridge and Road-Under-Bridge for the elimination of level crossing in N.F. Railway.
8. For renewal of track assets an outlay of Rs.114 crore has been fixed.
9. While an amount of Rs.970 crore has been allocated for bridge related work in various divisions of N.F. Railway.
10. An amount of Rs.43.76 crore has been allocated for modernization and upgradation of signaling systems in N.F. Railway.
11. A new Diesel Electrical Multiple Unit Shed will be built at Lumding at a cost of Rs.74 crore, while Dibrugarh Workshop will be augmented for handling of LHB coaches at a cost of Rs.19.34 crore.
12. An amount of Rs.15 crore has been sanctioned for provision of drinking water facility in 21 stations in Tinsukia division.
13. An amount of Rs. 400 crore has been sanctioned for provision of Foot-Over-Bridge & high level platforms at different stations over N.F. Railway.
14. This is in addition to outlay of Rs.26.15 crore fixed for various ongoing works for improvement of passenger amenities.
Guwahati Railway Station | G Plus Photo