Highlights of CM Sonowal’s Cabinet Meeting
GUWAHATI: Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal chaired a Cabinet Meeting in Guwahati’s Janata Bhawan on Tuesday, October 23.
Here are some of the highlights of the meeting:
1. The Cabinet approved a 25% increase in bus fares.
2. The Cabinet approved the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension scheme, wherein all widows will get a monthly pension of Rs 300. Further, a one-time financial grant of Rs 25,000 will be provided to those widowed after April 1, 2019.
3. The Cabinet passed the Export and Logistics Policy which provides 30% capital subsidy for setting up export and logistics infrastructure in the State.
4. The policy also provides 20% subsidy on Air freight of agri-horti products.
5. The new Land Policy was passed by the Cabinet which provides 3 Bigha land for agriculture purposes and half Bigha land for homestead purposes to indigenous landless families.
6. Rs 50,000 will also be provided to landless persons listed as PMAY beneficiary.
7. The Cabinet extended Atal Amrit Abhiyan to cover ICU packages, Trauma, Critical Care Paediatrics & Paediatric Surgery, Bone Marrow Cabinet approved
8. Two Child norms and Prohibition of Child Marriage Act norms for entry and continuation in Govt. service.
9. The Cabinet also approved 50% subsidy for investments in piggery, poultry, livestock, dairy and meat processing industries.