Massive Inferno Claims Life of Guwahati Youth
GUWAHATI: In an unfortunate incident, a youth died of suffocation after a massive fire broke out in their building located at Dwaraka Nagar on February 19.
According to reports, the deceased identified as Biswajit Barman (35) was in an inebriated state when the fire broke out on the first floor of the building and spread in other parts of the room.
Locals alleged that the deceased parents stayed on the 1st floor of the house and the victim was in a room on the ground floor. By the time they could come down and broke open the door, 80 percent of his body was burnt along with his bed.
The body has been sent to Gauhati Medical College and Hospital for post-mortem.