No Quarantine for Persons Returning to Assam Within 96 Hours of Departure
GUWAHATI: In view of Unlock 4 guidelines, a person who travels outside Assam and returns within 96 hours will not be put into 10-day quarantine subject to certain conditions.
"The Government of Assam in Health and Family Welfare has decided that a person, who travels to any location outside Assam and returns back to the State within 96 hours of departure, will not be required to undergo quarantine of 10 days," states the latest order issued by the health department.&
The conditions for the same are:
1. The person will have to undergo Rapid Antigen Test on return.
2. If the Rapid Antigen Test result is positive, he/she shall undergo home isolation/ treatment in COVID Care Centre or hospital, as per protocol.
3. If the Rapid Antigen Test result is negative, his/her swab sample would be taken for RT-PCR testing and he/she will have to remain in isolation till RT-PCR test result is declared, and an undertaking will be submitted by each person to this effect. If the RT-PCR test result is positive, he/she shall undergo home isolation/ treatment in COVID Care Centre or hospital, as per protocol. If the RT-PCR test result is negative, the person need not undergo any further quarantine.
4. The person will strictly comply with hygiene and social distancing norms during the stay outside Assam.
This order is issued in supersession of earlier orders on quarantine of persons arriving in Assam, and comes into force with immediate effect.
Further, the order No. HLB 111/2020/340 dated 8th August 2020 regarding travel of Hon'ble Ministers/ officials of the Government of Assam will continue to remain in force.
- covid19 in india
- covid19 india
- covid19 assam
- assam covid update
- quarantine facility assam
- assam quarantine norms
- assam travel guideline
- air passenger assam
- quarantine for people traveling outside assam
- quarantine for people traveling outside guwahati
- guwahati news
- assam news
- G Plus
- Guwahati Plus
Passengers at an Airport in India