Sarbananda Sonowal’s vision for Assam in near future
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has set a plan list for the progress and development of Assam in near future. During the latest BJP CMs council meeting, held on 27th August, Sarbananda Sonowal has set forward the following highlights for the development of the State:
1. Our Government is committed to a green Assam free from illegal immigrants, corruption, terrorism and pollution.
2. We have taken initiatives to improve the State Finances. Assam became the first State in the country to ratify the GST Bill.
3. Under Chief Minister’s Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojna (CMSGUY) Rs.1.2 Cr. will be spent on each village. Objective is to double the farm income.
4. CMSGUY is expected to cost Rs. 30,000 Crore to cover 25,425 villages of the State.
5. Under Atal Amrit Abhiyan, every person will have Rs.2 lakh health assurance each year and the scheme will be free for BPL families.
6. Will set up a World Class Global Business Centre in Guwahati. This will act as a business hub for the entire North East & neighbouring countries.
7. We will constitute ‘State Sports Council’. Sports infrastructure will be built in all schools and colleges.