Traffic movement in city diverted for immersion
DCP Traffic has announced new traffic movement for immersion of idols of Goddess Durga on 30th September 2017. There will be two major immersion ghats, the Kachomari Ghat of Fancy Bazar and the Pandu Ghat. Three other ghats, Saukuchi, Chunsali and Noonmati have been identified, where local people would do the immersion of idols.
The following restrictions shall be imposed from 10.00 AM on 30th September, 2017 and shall remain in force till completion of Immersion.
I) Restrictions on movement of vehicles:
- No idol carrying vehicles shall be allowed to move on B. Barooah Road from Ulubari to TC Point and GNB Road, from TC Point to RBI Point.
- All vehicles, except idol carrying vehicles, coming from Chandmari side to Jalukbari side shall not be allowed to enter MC Road and instead shall be diverted via GNB Road, TC Point and RBI Point to Panbazar over bridge North point. The vehicles shall then take left turn and proceed to AT Road for respective destinations.
- The idol carrying vehicles moving from Bharalumukh and Fatasil areas are to move via A.T. Road and DG Road towards Pandu.
- No vehicles except idol carrying vehicles shall be allowed to take right turn at District Library point from GNB Road to KLB Road.
- All vehicles coming from Jalukbari, Bharalumukh side towards Chandmari, Noonmati, Dispur side shall be regulated at Apollo point on MG Road and diverted via TRP Road, then to HB Road or AT Road. These vehicles shall proceed either to KLB Road via HB Road (towards Chandmari, Noonmati and Geetanagar) or to AT Road (towards Dispur and Khanapara).
- All vehicles coming from Uzanbazar, Kharghuli and Noonmati shall be regulated and diverted via Tayabullah Road – MG Road point and GNB Road.
- TRP Road and HB Road shall be one way from MG Road only.
2. Regulations for movement of idol carrying vehicles:
- All idol carrying vehicles coming from Chandmari side shall be regulated at Guwahati Club point and diverted via MC Road, FC Road and MG Road.
- Idol carrying vehicles from Tokobari, Paltanbazar, Ulubari, Rehabari, Birubari, Chatribari, Bishnupur and Lalganesh areas shall move either, via (a) BK Kakoti Road, Ulubari, GS Road, Paltanbazar, Panbazar road over bridge, MLN Road and MG Road, or via (b) AK Azad Road, Nepali Mandir, Panbazar road over bridge, ML Nehru Road and MG Road.
- Idol carrying vehicles from Kumarpara, Athgaon and Fatasil areas are to move via AT Road, TRP Road, Chambers’ Road and MG Road to Kaachomrighat.
- Idol carrying vehicles from Rajgarh, Bhangagarh and Christianbasti areas are to move via GS Road, Bhangagarh, Rajgarh Road, RG Barooah Road (Zoo Road), MR Dewan Road, Guwahati Club, MC Road, FC Road and MG Road.
- Vehicles carrying idols from Ganeshguri, Dispur and Kahilipara areas are to move from Ganeshguri via RG Barooah Road (Zoo Road), MR Dewan Road, Guwahati Club, MC Road, FC Road and MG Road.
3. NO PARKING:
- M.S. Road
- T.R.P. Road
- H.B. Road
- M.L.N. Road
- M.G. Road
- B. Barooah Road
- M.C. Road
- F.C. Road
- M.R.D. Road
- G.N.B. Road
- G.S. Road
- R. G. Barooah Road
PARKING OF VEHICLES:
Dr. J.C. Das Road
FOR SPECTATORS FROM BHARALUMUKH, SANTIPUR SIDE:
1) M.G. Road (From Apollo point to F.A. Road crossing both sides).
PARKING OF VEHICLES:
a) For officials on duty:-
(i) Kamakazi parking. (ii) I.W.T. Parking.
b) For O.B Vans:-
(i) West side of Kachomari ghat.
c) Emergency vehicles (Ambulance, Fire Tenders etc.):
(i) Lakhi Goli (ii) M.G. Road towards Kedar Road
TRAFFIC ARRANGEMENTS AT PANDUGHAT:
The idol carrying vehicles of Maligaon, Gotanagar, Jalukbari and Pandu areas shall proceed to Pandughat for Immersion via Maligaon-Pandu road and after the immersion the vehicles shall move out through Adabari-Pandu Road and Pandu-Sadilapur Road.
New traffic movement for immersion of idols of Goddess Durga