Traffic movement in Guwahati restricted for FIFA U-17 World Cup
DCP Traffic, Amanjeet Kaur has announced new traffic movement in Guwahati, in connection with the FIFA U-17 World Cup
Spectators with tickets should reach their respective gates as following:
Gate No. 1C: Spectators for Gate No. 1C should preferably use Lakhra-Lalganesh Road/ A K Azad road via serab bhatti and Jalukbari – Lokhara – NH 37 to reach the gate.
Gate No. 2: Spectators for Gate No. 2 should preferably use Bhetapara – H
ockey Stadium Road and Lakhra-Lalganesh Road/AK Azad Road and should avoid National Highway.
Gate No. 3: Spectators for Gate No. 3 should preferably use Khanapara – Beharbari stretch of National Highway or Beltola-Basistha Road to reach the gate at Nalapara.
- All spectators are requested to follow directions to avoid unnecessary hassle.
- All spectators should respect No Parking – No stopping zones.
- Do not park vehicles on National Highway, service lanes and on medians of National Highway.
- Reach the venue in advance to avoid delay.
- Spectators from Meghalaya are requested to park their vehicles in Khanapara veterinary field or in ISBT and use shuttle buses.
North Bank to Guwahati:
Traffic arrangements in this sector shall entail regulation of vehicular movement in the stretch from amingaon to jalukbari rotary. For management, the following measures will be adopted –
a. Ensuring the stretch as “No Overtaking Zone”.
b. Regulation of movement of heavy commercial goods carrying vehicles.
Guwahati to Meghalaya Border (Towards Shillong):
The road from Guwahati to Shillong assumes high importance during the match. It is likely that there will be match related vehicular movement to and fro Guwahati and Shillong. As such to keep the roads congestion free, the following tasks will be ensured –
a. To ensure “No Parking” from Khanapara upto the state border ahead of Jorabat.
b. Regulation of heavy commercial goods carrying vehicles (Request to be made to Meghalaya also)
Establishment of priority low traffic corridors –
1. From Nepali Mandir to Lokhara (AK Azad Road)
2. From Ganeshguri below flyover to RP Road to Hatigaon – Bhetapara – Saukuchi Road
(Alternative from Ganesh Mandir via SB HQ, Lalganesh – Lokhara)
3. No Parking areas are as below:
- B. Baruah Road,
- Hatigaon Road,
- Bhetapara-Saukuchi Road
- National Highway 37 from Lokhara to Beharbari
- National Highway Service road from Lokhara to Beharbari,
- AK Azad Road
- Ganesh Mandir – Lalganesh Road
List of Parking Places:
The following places around the Sarusajai Stadium will be utilized for parking of spectator’s vehicles during the FIFA U-17 World Cup –
- Veterinary College field
- Bongaon High School field
- Patarkuchi LP School field
- Saukuchi High School field
- Hockey Stadium
- Lokhara Bihu field
- Lalgudam Complex
- Bhagawati Sai Mittal Alloys
- Balaji Parking
- Gorolia Parking
- Sai Parking
- Basistha Mandir
- Coastal Road Carrier
- Shri Shyam Tower Complex
- Kamrup Warehouse
- Hanuman Road Carrier
RESTRICTION ON MOVEMENT OF VEHICLES:
1. There will be restrictions on plying of heavy commercial vehicles on National Highway 37, from Khanapara to Jalukbari Point, from 10.00am till the matches are over.
2. All kinds of heavy commercial vehicles, medium and small commercial goods vehicles, both four wheelers and three wheelers shall be regulated on national highway during all match days from morning itself.
3. Trucks of B.G. Yard and F.C.I. Godown will also be restricted from morning itself.