Union Budget 2018 : Highlights So Far
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has tabled the Narendra Modi government’s first post-GST and last pre-poll Budget.
This Budget is being keenly watched to see what Arun Jaitley does to boost growth in Asia's third largest economy.
Talking about note ban benefits, Jaitley said that Indian economy is now rebounding. With demonetisation, the quantum of cash currency in circulation and increased tax base and has also help improve the digitalization of our country, says Arun Jaitley.
Here are the highlights of the Union Budget 2018 so far:
- Govt to increase digital intensity in education. Technology to be the biggest driver in improving quality of education. Technology will be the biggest driver in improving quality of education. The Govt proposes to increase the digital intensity in education and move gradually from blackboard to digital board.
- The Govt has also proposed to increase the target of providing free LPG connections to 8 crore to poor women.
- By 2022, every block of the country with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal people will have 'Ekalavya' school at par with Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- The Govt also plans to construct 2 crore more toilets under Swachh Bharat Mission.
- "Our focus is on strengthening agriculture sector; besides ease of doing business. Govt is focussing on ease of living now for common people. We consider agriculture as an enterprise. Our emphasis is on generating non-farm employment. We are committed to double farmers income by 2022," said Arun Jaitley.
- The Union Minister also said, "Bamboo is green gold; Reconstructed National Bamboo Mission to be launched with an allocation of Rs 1290 cr to promote bamboo sector in a holistic manner."
- All railways stations with more than 25,000 footfall to have escalators. All railways stations and trains to have Wi-Fi and CCTVs progressively.
- AMRUT program to focus on water supply to all households in 500 cities. Water supply contracts for 494 projects worth 19,428 core awarded.
- Proposal to develop 10 prominent tourist destinations as iconic tourism destinations.
- Have proposed construction of tunnel under the Se-La pass in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Rs 1200 crore has been allocated for health wellness centres.
- Airports Authority of India now has 124 airports, this will be expanded by 5 times. The Govt aims for 1 billion trips a year
Budget 2018 : Arun jaitley presents Modi Govt's Last Pre-poll Budget